• Spots are still available for the 2017 Cumberland Eye Care Couples
Invitational on May 12th and 13th. Teams are made up of two men and two ladies. The net best ball score of the men will be added to the women’s score for a team total. The festivities will kick off Thursday evening
May 11th with The Zurich Homes skills contest and cookout at
Heatherhurst Golf Club. This is a Big Break style contest with prizes to the top teams in each flight.
Friday golf will be on the Crag with an 8:00 shotgun start. Play will be with your four person team. Saturday will again be an 8:00 shotgun start on the Brae. For the second round the team will be split up and the men will play with two other men and the ladies with two other ladies. This is always a fun event and a great way to start our tournament season.
This event would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors. Please give them a chance to earn your business.
Our sponsors include: Title Sponsor Cumberland Eye Care, Big Break sponsor Zurich Homes, Cart Sponsor Fairfield Homes and Glade Realty, Scorecard sponsor Good Times Wine Spirits and Brew, Cherokee Distributing, and Coke.
To sign up please contact Jeremy Jones, at Heatherhurst Golf Club 484-3799 or visit the tournament page of the fairfieldglade.cc web site to print an application. Hurry, the field is limited to the first 32 paid teams.
• The Tuesday Night Couples league begins Tuesday, May 2 and continues thru the end of September. They play nine holes each Tuesday (weather permitting), with a shotgun start at 4 P.M., at Dorchester Country Club , then all gather to enjoy dinner and/or drinks, at different venues in FFG, including Dorchester Country Club and pass out prizes.
Sign up is on a weekly basis, by e-mail so you won’t be tied down if you have other plans. We are a fun loving group and encourage you to join us.
For information please contact any of the following:
• The Thursday Couples Golf League starts Thursday, April 20th. Couples, sign up for a nine hole scramble using fun formats at Heatherhurst Golf Courses with tee times starting at 3:30 P.M. You need not be a “skilled” golfer. After play, we enjoy dinner at a local restaurant and award prize money.
You may sign up each week by emailing your names, phone number or contact information, approximate 9-hole handicap (Maximum of 20 per 9 holes) and whether or not you plan to eat with the group to [email protected] For the first week, sign up by 3 P.M., Sunday, April 16th. You may also sign up at the Heatherhurst Clubhouse.
The pairings will be emailed and posted on the Heatherhurst bulletin board by noon on Wednesday for play on Thursday. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your assigned tee time.
Organizers for this year’s play are Rob and Gloria Siwek, call them at 517-290-5683 or 517-290-4089.
• It is time to sign up for Women’s Nine Hole Golf League. They are now accepting sign-ups online on our website www.gladeniners.com where you can also check out the schedule and learn more about our league.
The season begins May 1st and ends September 25th. They share our league play day with the Men’s 9-hole golf group with shotgun starts on Monday mornings at 7:30 A.M.
Please note that the application includes your choice of tees, either the red tees or the forward (green) tees. And new this year you can chose to play the red/green hybrid tees. Whichever teeing area you choose, will be your tee box for the entire season.
Your application and dues check must be received by April 14. If you should have questions before this meeting occurs, please feel free to call Membership Chair Sharon Stevens at 707-1218 or President Cathy Tipton at 456-4714.)
• The 43rd Fairfield Glade Women’s Invitational Tournament will be held at Heatherhurst Golf Club on the Brae and Crag courses July 8 and 9. The Fairfield Glade Ladies 18 Hole League sponsors this weekend tournament. Please join ladies from across the state of Tennessee plus many from surrounding states in this 2 day event.
More than $11,000 was collected in 2016 for 3 major charities. Proceeds from the Invitational were donated to charities within Cumberland County. — the House of Hope, Imagination Library and the Cumberland County School’s Family Resources.
The Invitational is open to female golfers of all skill levels, flights are determined by handicap, giving every player a chance to win one of many prizes. All golfers must have a current and verifiable USGA handicap index from an authorized golf club, with a minimum of 7 rounds played in 2017 and posted and recorded by June 30.
Sign up information and application is available on http://ladiesinvitational.blogspot.com or www.fairfieldglade.cc.
• The 2017 Fairfield Glade Member/ Member golf tournament is scheduled for August 12 and 13 at Heatherhurst Golf Course.
Secure your partners early and plan on a fun filled weekend. It is the 33rd year for this 2 day tournament. This is a “2-person Best Ball” event for men and ladies.
Sign up information, exciting details about this premier Golfing event will be available in a couple of weeks. Plan early…secure your partner in order to be ready to fill out information forms when they become available. This event is limited to 340 players.
Flights are determined prior to play. Payout will be to teams who score within the first 5 places, for both gross and net in each flight. There will be 3 flights; Red tee (women) White tee (men) Gold tee (men). The 2 day overall Member-Member Champions will be determined in each flight.
Enjoy 2 days of golf playing on the Brae and Crag courses. A pre-tournament reception will be held on Friday evening (August 11), plus a light breakfast and lunch both days. A gift bag, prize money plus a golf shirt, or a dozen golf balls are included.
Anyone interested in becoming a sponsor of the event call Scott Maher: 931-707-1943. Join our members who support our sponsors.