For The Vista
Spring is the prime season for tornadoes, thunderstorms and floods. Being prepared for severe weather by planning ahead and staying informed before severe weather strikes is vital to the safety of you and your family.
When severe weather strikes it is not uncommon to have widespread or major power outages. Prepare now for the items you may need to keep you and your family safe /comfortable in a major power outage.
You may want to consider some of the following Weather Warning Options:
• Cumberland County Reverse 911 System – Cumberland County has setup a Reverse 911 Emergency Alert system. This system can be used for many purposes such as, weather alerts, Amber alerts, and fire warnings. To access this Alert system you can go to www.cumberlandtn911.org.
• Weather Alerts for Cell Phones – There are various weather alerts available for cell phones, here are a few:
• Website Weather Warning – Go to www.weathercall.net .
• Radio Station 102.5 Text Messaging – Go to www.1025wowcountry.com.
• TV Stations Text Messaging – Go to www.wate.com (ABC), www.volunteertv.com (CBS), and www.wbir.com (NBC).
• You may want to buy a Weather Radio — Radio Stations – 102.5 and 105.7 are good channels for weather updates and alerts in this area.
Television Stations – Knoxville TV Networks (ABC, CBS and NBC), as well as the Weather Channel, provide several weather alert options.
• Golf Course Air Horns – Each of our golf courses has storm tracking equipment and an air horn alert system. (This system may not always work and should not be relied upon as your only weather alert system.).
• Form a Neighborhood Alert Group – Neighbors are encouraged to setup a Neighborhood Alert Group that could communicate through various means (i.e. Telephone call, text alert, etc.).
• Warning Siren System – There are Warning Sirens at various facilities throughout the Glade Community that are activated when possible. Most people are not able to hear the siren when they are located indoors or in their car.
Due to our heavily wooded terrain and topography, the outside sirens are not very effective and should not be relied upon as your only weather alert system.
The Golf Course Air Horns and Warning Siren System are activated voluntarily by the Club and should not be relied upon for safety. Please be proactive in the safety of you and your family and take advantage of one or more of the available options listed above.
The more options that are used, the more likely you will be alerted to an impending weather emergency.
• Remember: Open Burning is not allowed anywhere in Fairfield Glade.