April showers bring may flowers.
I hope this is true.
We all seem to lead busy lives so this recipe from Doris Ggreenspan is a quick spur-of-the moment meal.
One Pot Spaghetti Supper
1/2 lb Spaghetti
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 small onion chopped
1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
6 Pitlteoi olives, chooped
2 Tbso capers drained
One 5 oz can tuna, drained
Salt and red pepper flakes
1) Cook pasta following package directions. Drain and set aside. Put pot back on stove oven low heat.
2) Add oil and onion and cook,stirring for 1 min. Stir in sauce,olives and capers and bring to boil. Simmer
for 3 min to heat through, then flake the tuna and add it to the sauce. Cook 1 min more.
3) Add spaghetti and stir to reheat and coat strands evenly with sauce. Season and serve.
Serves 4 at 340 cal each
I seem to be in an Italian mood today. Here are some great sandwihces from Beth Hiott of York, S.C.
Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
8 slices Italian bread
4 Tbsp. prepared pesto
4 slices provolone cheese
4 slices part skim mozzarella cheese
5 tsp olive oil
Marinara sauce warned optional.
1) Spear 4 slices with pesto, with cheeses;top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with oil.
2) In large skillet on medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with marinara if desired
Yield; 4 servings
Early AM French Toast
( a make ahead dish)
1 cup brown sugar packed
1/2 cup butter
2 TBsp corn syrup
1/1/2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 loaf French bread cut into thick slices
In medium saucepan over medium hear,mix and melt brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Spray a baking dish with nonstick vegetable oil and fill with butter mixture.
Mix eggs, milk, and vanilla. Arrange bread slices in baking dish. Pour egg mixture over bread evenly and use all of mixture.
Cover and refrigerate over night. The next morning, uncover and bake in oven 350 degrees for 30 minutes, then serve.
Please send your recipes or recipe request to: The Vista, 5413 Peavine Road, Crossville, TN, 38571 or email: email@example.com
Until Next Time,