Since I should have fish at least twice a week, I’m always looking for fish recipes. This tasty, healthy fish recipe comes from Joan Garneau of Ellenton, FL.
Caesar Salmon Fillets
4 salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
1/2 cup fat-free Caesar salad dressing
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1) Place salmon fillets in large resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
2) Drain and discard marinade. Coat grill rack with nonstick spray before starting grill. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
3) In a small bowl, combine soy sauce and garlic; brush over salmon. Grill 10-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally.
Yield: 4 servings of 322 calories each.
Diabetic exchanges: 5 lean meat.
My husband likes pork. So here is a great pork recipe from Yvonne White of Williamson, NY.
3-4 lbs. country-style pork ribs
1-1/2 cups water
1 cup ketchup
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce
1) Place ribs in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to boil; cook 1 minutes. Drain ribs. Spoon sauce over ribs.
2) Cover and bake 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer, basting once.
Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe from Kroger will help cool you on a hot day.
Very Berry Smoothie
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen mixed berries
2 cups orange juice
4 oz. lite whipped topping (thawed)
1-1/2 cups ice
1) Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
Serves 2. Refrigerate any leftovers.
This last thought from Katherine Smith Matheney.
I have a loving chapel
Where I can kneel and pray;
It’s not a very fancy one,
God hears me anyway.
He knows I’m just a humble one
And sometimes weak, you see,
Forgives my imperfections
And He watches over me.
Please send your recipes and recipe requests to: The Vista, 5413 Peavine Road, Crossville, TN 38571 or email to: [email protected]
Until next time,