Hope all you fathers had a great Father’s Day. Billy got cards and calls from Ken and Larry and a beautiful card from Char.
Here is a quick, good and good for you meal I’ve had for many years.
Salmon with Wilted Greens
1 lb. fresh or frozen salmon fillets (thawed)
1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Asian salad dressing, such as sesame ginger
6 cups torn mixed salad greens
1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
1) Rinse salmon; pat dry. Cut into 4 pieces. Broil on greased unheated rack of broiler pan 4-inches from heat for 6-9 minutes, or until salmon begins to flake easily. Halfway through broiling brush with 1 Tbsp. dressing. Cover; keep warm.
2) In salad bowl, combine greens and orange sections. In large skillet, bring remaining dressing to boil. Boil gently, uncovered, 1 minute. Remove from heat. Pour over greens; toss.
3) Divide greens among 4 serving plates. Top with salmon. Serve immediately.
Serves: 4 at 397 calories each.
The following recipe is from the Jell-o Co.
Raspberry Jell-o Parfaits
1 box (3 oz.) raspberry Jell-o
1 cup fresh raspberries, plus four extra for garnish
3/4 cup prepared whipped topping
1 cup fresh blueberries
1) Place Jell-o in medium sized bowl and stir in 1 cup boiling water. Stir until dissolved, about 2 minutes.
2) Stir in 1 cup ice cold water. Gently stir in raspberries.
3) With soup ladle, divide mixture between 4 wine glasses or small bowls. Refrigerate 4 hours to set.
4) Spread 2 Tbsp. whipped topping over each hardened Jell-o with small spatula. Tip with 1/4 cup blueberries.
Serves: 4 at 140 calories each.
Later with coffee serve this tart-sweet pie from Eagle Brand.
Quick Lime Cream Pie
1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup Real Lime Juice from concentrate
Green food coloring (optional)
1 cup (1/2 pint) whipping cream, whipped
1 (6 oz.) pkg. graham cracker pie crust
In medium bowl, stir together Eagle Brand, Real Lime, and food coloring.
Fold in whipped topping.
Pour into crust. Chill 3 hours or until set. Garnish as desired.
This last thought from Dona M. Maroney.
Angel of the morning,
Guilde me through the day.
Keeping watch in the nighttime,
Please take my fears away.
Please send your recipes or recipe requests to: The Vista, 5413 Peavine Road, Crossville, TN 38571 or email to email@example.com.
Until next time,