On our recent cruise, I tried to have a different dinner each evening, including dessert. One night I had a delicious piece of flourless chocolate cake. I asked the server if I could have the recipe. The pastry chef said I had to buy his book for the recipe. I declined. While looking for another recipe, I found it in the book called, “Incredibly Easy Gluten-Free Recipes”, published in 2009. So here it is. Enjoy.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
12 squares (1 oz each) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
4 squares (1 oz each) semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
6 eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup strong coffee
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, divided
1 cup whipped cream, optional
1) Set oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2) Beat cream with 2 Tbsp sugar in large bowl with mixer on high until soft peaks form; set aside.
3) Place all chocolate in large microwavable bowl; microwave on high 2-3 minutes, or until chocolate is melted, stirring after one minute and at 30 second intervals thereafter.
4) Beat eggs and I cup sugar in large bowl with mixer on high about 7 minutes, or until pale and thick. Add melted chocolate, coffee and salt to egg mixture; beat until well blended.
5) Fold whipped cream and 1/4 cup walnuts into egg mixture. Spread in prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts. Place pan in large roasting pan; add enough hot water to reach 1/2 way up side of pan. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until set in center.
6) To unmold, loosen edge of cake with knife; place serving plate upside down over pan and invert. Serve warn, garnished with whipped cream, if desired.
The following cake recipe is from countrydoor.com.
Easy Pumpkin Cake
2 pkgs (16 oz) pound cake mix
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup water
1-3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup nuts, chopped
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup margarine, softened
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. combine cake mixes, spices and soda in large bowl. Add water, pumpkin and eggs; beat well. Spread half of batter in greased 13″x9″ pan; sprinkle with 1/2 of streusel topping. Carefully spread remaining batter over topping; sprinkle remaining topping over batter. Bake 50 minutes, or until done.
This last thought from Isaiah 57:14.
“Build up, build up, prepare the way, remove the stumbling blocks from My people’s path.”
Please send your recipes or recipe requests to: The Vista, 24 Peavine Plaza, Suite 104, Crossville, TN 38571 or email to: [email protected]
Until next time,