For The Vista
In the last few weeks there have been several autos that have had items stolen out of them here in Fairfield Glade.
Glade Security Chief Randy Hoover says there are some things you can do to help prevent theft from your vehicle.
When leaving your vehicle parked in a parking lot or in your home driveway, these simple tips will help reduce the chance that a thief will choose your vehicle as a target.
1. Do not leave the keys in the vehicle.
2. Park in a lighted, populated area.
3. Lock all windows and doors completely to include moon/sun roof.
4. Remove all valuables from the vehicle or lock them in the trunk out of sight. Make sure you take the items out of your vehicle and put them in the trunk before you get to the location that you are going to park. This way no one will see you put them in the trunk.
5. Do not leave money, purses or wallets in your vehicle at any time.
6. Do not leave anything of value in plain view. Even if the vehicle is locked, a G.P.S. system left on the vehicle dash is an invitation to a crook.