The Fairfield Glade Fire Department received a call of a possible structure fire on Sunday morning October 20th around 10:45 A.M.
The 911 call told them that a neighbor living on Fairway Drive reported seeing smoke coming out of the gable end vents and the roof vents of a neighbor’s home.
When the first Fire Department units arrived the smoke was light and a 360 inspection was completed by the first arriving Captain. It was determined that no one was at home.
The electric meter was pulled and the propane was shut off before entry was made.
The attic was searched and no flames were found just smoke in the lower living room area. They found a hot wall around the fire place area, the walls were opened and the fire was discovered in the ceiling area near the fireplace, and it was quickly extinguished.
The source of the fire is determined to have been started by some electrical wiring.
The structure sustained mostly cosmetic, smoke and water damage, with only a little structure damage since the house was framed with metal framing. All the fire departments equipment responded along with some 30 plus firefighters.
“Thanks to the quick action of an alert neighbor, this home was saved,” noted Glade Fire Chief Howard Robb.